In his address on wealth creation and other national issues, on Saturday, at State Lodge Nakasero, President Yoweri Museveni sent strong warning shots to both Ugandans and politicians against plans to roll out chaos and violence in the country.

His remarks follow the announcement by a couple of activists to hold a demonstration involving other Ugandans marching to Parliament on Tuesday, July 23, protesting against what they call massive corruption in the house.

Museveni said the protests will never be allowed to see the light of the day since they cause unnecessary commotion as well as disrupting roadside businesses.

“While we are busy creating wealth for Uganda, some, including opposition members, are working with foreigners to foment chaos through riots and illegal demonstrations,” Museveni said.

“These people should check themselves, or we will have to check them. Don’t bring chaos and disrupt people’s livelihoods,” he added.

Museveni’s warning is seen as the government’s first step in putting a stop to individuals and organizations that have allegedly worked with foreigners for a long time to sabotage government work and as well as undermining its leaders.

Uganda remains under serious pressure by the Western nations and their tools like World Bank, IMF, and the U.N. to repeal the anti-homosexuality law which was enacted last year.

After its enactment, allegations of corruption in parliament, which part the law, and on the part of Speaker Anita Among, emerged. It is believed that the smear campaign against Parliament is funded and fueled by foreign actors and their agents who were angered by the enactment of the law.

For example, the UK government insisted that Speaker Among stole ironsheets meant for Karamoja, yet she actually instructed investigations into the same as well as buying and returning more. One wonders, if not gor ugly intention, how the UK government reached a conclusion on matters before courts of law in Uganda.

Analysts familiar with the strategic operations of Western countries towards advancing a particular narrative to achieve specific goals say the sanctions were nothing other than witch-hunt of the person of Among for her role in enacting the law. They warned that the worst orchestrated by the west was yet to hit the country.

It should be recalled that the country recently witnessed a well-funded campaign by exiguous X (formerly Twitter) users allegedly sponsored by homosexuals and their funders, propagating unverified and alarming claims of financial impropriety at Parliament.

The campaign targeted the Speaker also with an intention of portraying her as corrupt.

“Of course Among had to be the target by homosexuals and she should expect more of these sanctions. She hit them harder. All they are doing to to attempt to revenge,” says a commentator who preferred anonymity.

Foreign actors resorted to blackmail and propaganda against Parliament and its leadership which raise fesr that such disinformation could be extended to other institutions of government in the near future.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *