One person has died after being electrocuted in Kamwenge District. The incident happened on Thursday in Rwenkuna village, Kahunge Town Council. 

The deceased has been identified as Wilson Mwesigye a resident of Rwenkuba Village in Kahunge Town Council.

Didas Ndizeyi the LCI Chairperson of Rwenkuba Village said that Mwesigye and eight others were electrocuted as they were erecting tents. He says that a metallic pole of one of the tents came into contact with a live electric wire.

The injured including Amos Turinawe, the LCIII Chairperson Kahunge Town Council were rushed to Rukunyu Health Centre IV for treatment. 

Last month six people died in Mubende District after they were electrocuted as they were erecting a tent at a wedding ceremony.

***URN***

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *